Bronchoscopy Cameras & Bronchoscopy Equipment
Pulmonary diagnostic centers, hospitals and clinics require both rigid and flexible bronchoscopes for diagnostics and pulmonary surgical procedures. According to medical device market data, the multi-million dollar overall bronchoscopes market is estimated to reach $868.7M by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4 % in the US. Flexible bronchoscopes have the largest global market share and are expected to be the fastest-growing market with CAGR of 8.0 % in the coming years worldwide.
Even prior to the current pandemic, growth for bronchoscopy equipment reflected an increased prevalence of respiratory diseases and rising health care spending for diagnoses and treatments. Now, bronchoscope demand and growth trends have been adjusted due to ongoing COVID-19 conditions. Patients presenting with various pulmonary conditions (regardless of whether they carry the coronavirus) receive diagnostic testing, repeated visualization and monitoring of treatment of the respiratory system.
Pulmonologists require maximum precision and control that are instrumented to handle the full range of lung endoscopy procedures – from diagnostic to therapeutic to robotic /surgical bronchoscope tools. So, medical device providers today must craft tools with bronchoscope cameras for pulmonologists that are powerful, yet tiny in diameter and as flexible as possible for maneuvering through the nose, mouth or tracheostomy down the throat throughout the patient’s delicate airways.
The Advantage of Customized Bronchoscopy Camera Solutions
Flexible bronchoscopes are usually the device of choice for lung endoscopy for examining and treating airways and taking biopsies, including tangential biopsies. Especially suitable for high-performance, specialized visualization devices help with smooth positioning of forceps to the target biopsy site.
The micro ScoutCam™ is the world’s smallest medical device camera, 1.0mm including illumination. There is over two decades of clinical experience covering the company’s customizable core technology for medical device cameras, which are suitable for reusable as well as medical disposable cameras. Superior views of insertion, combined with high performance even in narrow lumens can help avoid channel tissue damage during bronchoscopy procedures.
Lung Endoscopy Clinical Applications
Bronchoscopes are typically made of flexible fiber-optic material with light source and camera at end. ScoutCam technology is ideal for customized bronchoscopes for lung endoscopy applications. Diagnostic applications include examination of patient’s airways, bleeding lungs, exploring possibility of lung cancer, chronic cough, and obtaining tissue specimens for biopsy. Surgical procedures can include removal of a foreign object in the airway, laser resection of tumors, lung abscess, stent insertion, percutaneous tracheostomy, and tracheal intubation. There are also novel outpatient procedures utilizing bronchoscopes such as bronchial thermoplasty (BT) such as for adult patients with severe / persistent asthma.
Bronchoscopy equipment providers can benefit from customized solutions that utilize clinically proven miniature cameras with full integration of the latest micro endoscopic camera technology and related components:
- Integrated illumination allows for high-quality imagining while maintaining small diameter from 1mm in single-use and multi-use micro cameras
- Patented system for integrated irrigation of camera head, reducing overall diameter and streamlining the endoscopic process
- Waterproof construction enables a wide array of investigations in wet environments
- Single-use design via integrated irrigation and illumination systems
- Wireless transmission ideal for OR use via option for zero latency wireless video transmission – RF protected and resistant to magnetic fields
Tiny Bronchoscopy Cameras with Massive Flexibility
Tailored micro-visualization solutions for procedures requiring bronchoscopy are based on flexible “building blocks” consisting of the core in-house technology and complementary components:
- Micro CMOS Sensors include proprietary and off-the-shelf, high-resolution miniature sensors from 40Kpx to HD
- Proprietary optic designs and micro-lenses assembly
- High-end DSP video processors providing optimal image quality
- Endoscopes – Leading types including rigid, semi-flexible, steerable and flexible endoscopes
- Superior illumination using FO or LED
- Long, Lightweight Cables with cable diameter of 0.58 mm and cable-length of up to 30m+
- Ultrasound Option for guidance into position when visibility is not possible
- Procedure-specific tools (versus generic scopes with tools for every procedure) lower the cost and make the procedure achievable to all
Partnering with leading medical equipment providers, ScoutCam is refining the quality of health care through visual solutions that are less invasive and smaller than ever before.
Contact us to learn more about solutions for gastroenterology equipment providers.