Selecting the Right Microscopy Camera
Whether the need is for rigid or flexible probes, confocal microscopes, fluorescence microscopes, digital microscopes camera or other requirements for super resolution, today’s research tools must provide ultimate miniaturization for a spectrum of micro-imaging techniques. For example, the micro ScoutCam™ is the world’s smallest camera, 1mm. A tiny footprint enables visualization through tight openings down to a millimeter in diameter. With Chip-on-Tip technology, tailored solutions can be incorporated into complex, remote-controlled projects, including applications utilizing robots.
For research, micro-camera solutions must be robust yet plug-and-play — leveraging bespoke and off-the-shelf components with flexible options for easy and rapid integration in projects. Field-proven core technology has been incorporated in visualization solutions for a wide range of applications: medical, aerospace, industry, security and defense. A deep understanding of cost/performance has led organizations like the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to partner with ScoutCam for their visualization needs.
Research organizations can benefit from miniature research cameras and microscopy imaging solutions with full integration of cutting-edge technology and components:
- Wide range of micro-cameras from 1.0mm diameter designed for multiple applications
- Highly resistant to extreme environments vital for research in many industries
- Transmission including wired to 30m from the listening point to reduce risk of detection
- Integrated illumination allows for high-quality imagining while maintaining small diameter in single-use and multi-use micro cameras
- Waterproof construction enables a wide array of investigations in wet environments
Tiny Research Cameras with Massive Flexibility
Solutions for microscopy imaging in research are based on flexible “building blocks” consisting of core in-house technology and complementary components:
- Micro CMOS sensorsinclude proprietary and off-the-shelf, high-resolution miniature sensors from 40Kpx to HD
- Proprietary optic designs and micro-lenses assembly
- High-end DSP video processors providing optimal image quality
- Borescope leading types including rigid, semi-flexible, steerable and flexible
- Highly resistant cameras (vibrations, temperature, vacuum, radiation, magnets, etc.)
- Superior illumination using FO or LED
- Long, lightweight cables withcable diameter of 0.58 mm and cable-length of up to 30m+
Through its micro research cameras, ScoutCam is redefining microscopy imaging via advanced visualization solutions that are smaller than ever before.